Gabby's Journey Through Craniosynostosis

Monday, February 16, 2009

Prayer

Picture from Gabby's Baptism

I wanted Gabby to get a special blessing from Father Jim, our priest, before her surgery. I guess this whole situation has made me focus on religion and the big guy upstairs a little more than before. I want Gabby protected and watched over during her ordeal by all parties. So she received the Sacrament of Annointing of the Sick last night. I didn't realize that this is not just for sick and dieing people, but for any going through things like my family. It was a really nice ceremony. Gabby was smiling and laughing like always. Our families all came to support her. Thank you all so much for being there!! Gabby may not realize it today, but in years to come she will certainly know how much everyone was there for her and loves her!!



As for other news... Gabby started officially crawling last week and can now pull up to her knees! Every milestone that goes by is such a relief that she is progressing as she should be and is not having any developmental delays. Another reason to say a prayer of thanks:)




4 comments:

kc quinn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kc quinn said...

Hi Jodi -
I have been keeping an eye on your blog. For some reason the boys aren't a reliable source to find out how you guys are doing. I will say a prayer and keep my fingers crossed that the surgery goes well.
Take care!
~karla

Lisa Frey said...

Hi Jodi, I wish I could have been at the blessing! I pray constantly for Gabby and all of you. Grandpa will watch over her, I know he will.Love, Lisa

Cole Twins said...

You guys look so great!

The package should reach you today!

Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you in these last few days before surgery!!