Gabby's Journey Through Craniosynostosis

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Thanks


A big thank you goes out to all our family and friends who have been so helpful and supportive to us in this whole ordeal. I cannot believe how many people Gabby has thinking and praying for her. They say there is strenght in numbers and I think Gabby has that! Mark and I were very disappointed that things did not go as planned. I really think things happen for a reason, and Monday was not the day for Gabby.


I spoke with Dr. Jensen's secretary, Carol yesterday about a new date. She said she is still working on it, but tentitively is thinking of April 1st. That seems like an awful long time from now, but what do you do? I guess we will have time to get more blood donated, get her completely healthy, and ready once again.


I watched this (http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=74994ae7b3443793ecee3a&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url ) link earlier today and was just bawling. This family is on one of the support websites I like to read. This baby has the same condition as Gabby, just the left suture rather than the right. What a beautiful girl! Gabby's surgery will be very similar. She will be all wrapped up for 2 days after though and won't have to wear a helmet when she is done. Though I think she may be wearing one just because I am paranoid;)


No comments: