Gabby's Journey Through Craniosynostosis

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

More meds

Ugh. Gabby's ears both still have fluid in them. They do not appear infected anymore, but with the fluid there they could become infected again easily. So we are continueing the journey of trying every antibiotic known to man (well at least it feels that way!). We also pushed to see an ENT and so the peds office is getting an appointment set up for us hopefully soon. Our ped did agree that was a good next step just to ensure we are doing everything we can to get this ear issue cleared up in the next 3 weeks. Hopefully they won't think she needs tubes, but we will see. Our doctor said if Gabby was any other patient just having an ear infection, she certainly would not need them yet, but since she has all this other stuff going on, they might not be a bad option. She explained the process and it really sounds like not a big deal. Poke a hole, slide a tube in and you are done. She would have to be put under anestesia though. I guess I put this into the category of once would have been a huge deal that I would have been completely worried about, and now into the category of not a big deal. Time will tell I guess. We just need to get this under wraps so we can stay out of those doctors offices! All this time at home and then we go straight to the source of sick people!!

My neice, and Gabby's Godmother, called yesterday to say that she is a match for Gabby's blood type and would donate. After I had gotten myself over this whole debate in my head yesterday, I readdressed it with Mark. Having her be an actual blood relative reopened the door. So she is going to donate and we went back to our first offer from my brother in law so we now have 2 more donors. Hopefully they will both match all the things they look for and we will be back in business:)

No comments: