Gabby's Journey Through Craniosynostosis

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Update

Gabby is over the most serious part and doing GREAT!!! I am so relieved right now. The nurse had called in from the OR to us in the waiting room around 9:15. She said that Gabby did great going under. She said she ditched her nook and went to lick the gas mask. That sounded like Gabby! She said everything went smoothly with her IV's and everything and that the surgery started at about 8:15 am. She said that her vitals were doing great and as of then she had minimal blood loss. She said that the neurosurgical team was there and were going to start their part. She said this was the most critical part of the surgery. There is a major artery (or vein I forget) that runs through the skull there and it is really critical seperating it from the bone- this is why neurosurgery is needed. Anyway, I decided to go down to the Chapel with my mom to say more prayers to get her through this part. I came back up and Dr. Kaufman (the neurosurgeon) had already been in to see us. I missed him! Actually, everyone but my dad missed him. We were expecting for him to be later. It only took 30 min for his part. He said that everything went perfect and that it was all in Dr. Jensen's hands now. Only 4-5 more hours :)

1 comment:

Cole Twins said...

Hey Jodi!

The area that is really critical is called the venous sinues -(sagital sinus) which supplies the blood. Anyhow....

I am SO glad to hear that things are going well thus far!! Keep your chin up, you will be on the otherside before you know it.
Thanks for the updates!!!